Where We Started
First City Oil & Gas LLC was founded in 2006 by Bruce Tadewald, a Colorado School of Mines graduate. Having a rich background in exploration, he worked closely with the Hunts, Snyder Oil, and helped start up numerous private E & P Companies. Not long after its inception, FCOG partnered with EXCO Resources Inc. to run its Rocky Mountain Exploration Program. After acquiring over 60,000 acres with developed prospects, EXCO divested its Rocky Mountain interests.
FCOG then set its sights on furthering Rocky Mountain assets for the company. Today, FCOG operates wells in Texas and Wyoming. In 2012, FCOG started putting together a 120,000 acre shale play in the Powder River Basin, and partnered on this project in 2014 with Contango Oil & Gas. The first well in this exciting project will be completed in 2015. With a constant focus on exploration, FCOG is excited about what the future holds.
- 40 years Exploration and Production experience
- Previously: Co-founder/owner, Reef Petroleum LLC, Chief Geophysicist Hunt Bros. company, Manager EDCON UK, District Geophysicist Texaco
- Responsibilities: Oversight of on-going operations and generation of new projects
Director of Opperations-Land Manager
- 10 years upstream oil and gas industry, 10 years non-industry management experience
- Previously: Marriott International, Unitrin Insurance Group
- Responsibilities: Oversight of business operations, joint ventures, Co-ordinates consultants and affiliates
Business development Manager
- 7 years upstream oil and gas industry, 5 years company startup/project management experience
- Previously: Project Manager Maquet/Getinge Group
- Responsibilities: Development and promotion of internal oil and gas projects